Elouise is growing up!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!





I have been waiting for this day for...forever. I have always known that I wanted to be a mommy. Starting when I was a little girl barely walking, I carried a baby doll. I always imagined what it would be like, and I can tell you today, on my first Mother's Day, it has surpassed that childhood dream of mine. Being a mommy is the best thing that has ever happened to me, and I know it's just getting started and getting better each day. God has truly blessed me with a great mother and other wonderful motherly examples in our family to look up to. Each woman in my family is such an incredible mother in their own individual ways. Starting with Ghee, the epitome of a Proverbs 31 woman, she set the bar high. A mother and grandmother that showed unrelenting love and patience for her children, grandchildren, great grandchildren and friends of the family that she considered her own. Next my Aunt Betty, who has taught me that no matter what, family is the glue that holds it together. She loves each of her children and grandchildren, nieces and nephews, and it shows constantly when you are with her. My Aunt Trish: the mom that would let you buy any cereal at the grocery store - WITHOUT a coupon! :) Haha - but my Aunt Trish has shown to be the type of mom and "Gabby" that I have never seen lose her cool and patience. Now I know she probably had to come down on Connie, Cindy and Todd, but never do I once remember her losing her cool. What a great example and Godly woman she is for her family. She is so giving and such a wonderful asset to our family. Now, to the woman that I aspire to be, my mother. My mom has shown me what it takes to be a mom. She made sure we always went to church, had dinner together in the evenings, and I'll never forget that she always made sure she was there right after school to pick us up...snacks in the cooler. How she juggled everything going on, I'll find out one day. She did it all with grace and poise...and she still does. She has made it a point to attend all of the dance recitals, competitions, soccer, baseball, football games, concerts, you name it...she tried her HARDEST to be there. She is a wonderful mother, and now has the opportunity to be an amazing "Kaki" to my sweet daughter, Elouise! I love all of the mom's that I have been blessed to have in my life.Now here are some pictures of MY first mother's day....
I am so blessed to have this amazing, vibrant, energetic and just so darn cute little girl. Elouise Kathryn Love is more than I could have ever asked for. I love her!


No comments:

Post a Comment